Floors come in different choices, you could choose whether ceramic tiles or wood floors. Let First Choice Home Improvement Construction Services install the flooring you dream of in your home.
Tile remains an attractive choice among homeowners. Tile floors are durable, waterproof, easy to install and available in an array of styles. Most importantly, they don’t require as much maintenance as carpets do.
The wood floors are gorgeous. They add character and are easy to look after. First Choice Home Improvement construction services are experts in install and refinish wood floors.
Once wood floors start to look dull and worn, no amount of cleaning can bring them back to life. Wood floor coatings are designed to last for 10 years. So why do some floors look dull and worn after 5 years or less and others still look great after 15 years? The type of coating used and the way it was applied contributes to the life of a wood floor, but it really comes down to how the floor has been looked justify. However, if you want your floors looking like new for years, even if its ceramic tile or wood floors, you should know how to clean them properly.
So here are 8 tips on how to properly take care of your tile and wood flooring:
- Sweep the floor. Dirt adheres easily to the surface of ceramic tile, especially styles with textured surfaces. Regular sweeping loosens and removes most dirt. A vacuum cleaner can also be used to sweep, but make sure you use one without a beater bar to avoid dulling and scratching the tiles. Vacuum cleaner attachments are great to suck up dirt along edges or in between tiles.
- Use mats to keep dirt being from coming into your home. And shake them out often. This will reduce the amount of dirt being tracked across your ceramic tile floor and wood floors, and will reduce the wear to the finished surface. Place a natural or colorfast mat at outside entrances to reduce the amount of dirt and moisture brought into your home. Use area rugs in front of kitchen sinks and within high traffic areas. Rugs must be made of a breathable material to prevent moisture entrapment — and rugs with solid rubber or vinyl backings are not recommended.
- Wipe up spills immediately. Wipe up everyday spills straight away with a dry cloth or paper towel.
- Keep your pet’s nails trimmed to minimize finish scratches.
- Use floor protectors on furniture to reduce indentation. The heavier the item, the wider the floor protector needed. Dragging furniture or heavy objects across them. To avoid scratching the floors, fit the underneath of all furniture legs with protective pads. Check that dust and grime don’t build up under the pads over time, as this, too, can cause scratches if you slide the furniture.
- DON’T walk on wood floors with a spike or stiletto-heeled shoes. Remove shoes at the door to avoid potentially dragging in sharp objects that may be stuck in your shoe treads.
- DON’T use any of the following products (or products similar in nature) on your floor: ammonia-based cleaners, acrylic finishes, wax-based products, solvent-based polishes, detergents, bleach, polishes, oil soap, abrasive cleaning soaps, or acidic substances such as vinegar. Only use a designated hardwood floor cleaner.
- Professional service cleaning must be done annually. Over time, though, if the wood floors and tile floors are not maintained properly, they can lose their beauty. Scheduling professional wood and tile cleaning and refinishing of your floors has many benefits. The first is keeping your floor’s appearance at its best beauty all the time, and the second is excluding the need to go through the painful and expensive process.
Your floors set the look and feel for your home, they are also a big investment and you want them looking their best, hardwood floors, tiles and laminate flooring are all guilty of showing up dust and dirt as soon as the light hits them – really frustrating. When it comes to floors what do we want? We want to be able to clean them quickly, effectively and to make sure the products we use to leave our floors looking beautiful while caring for them in the process. Like other areas of the home, the best maintenance is always precautionary rather than reactionary. If you follow these steps and regularly clean your tile floors, they will look as good as new for years to come.
Your flooring install is unique to your home – should you really be settling for an installation that doesn’t take all the factors into account? After all, with a wide variety of flooring options, you deserve to have an expert who knows how to install your floor properly in the individual aspects of your space.
When you choose to work with First Choice Home Improvement you’re choosing the trust of thousands of customers through the years.
First Choice Home Improvement construction services offer Unique flooring installations for all materials and all types of flooring, You’ll receive professional, courteous, and knowledgeable service that you can rely on to care for your property the way you would.
Well-renowned in Cape Coral, Fort Myers, Estero, Bonita Springs, Sanibel, Fort Myers Beach, Marco Island, Naples, and Golden Gate as being one of the leading wood and tile flooring installers, Here, we’ve brought excellence in service and affordable prices without compromising quality. It is our mission to provide you with a truly enjoyable home upgrade experience, whether you are looking to update your flooring for your new home build, or bring a professional look to your commercial office space. Contact us at 239-265-1872 for inquiries or click here for more details and services.